Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tortuga Camp

Mayto, Mexico 2011

This year my project in Mayto, Mexico features the Tortuga Camp. This is my fourth year working in Mayto. To date I have created photographs, books and blogs. In addition to my own photographs I have worked with elementary school students, giving them cameras to help tell the story of their town. This year I am working in video and still images.

Originally I imagined being able to have the high school students meet up with me to post to the blog. I quickly realized teenagers here are very busy. During the day they are helping their families in the home and with family businesses. They are also spending time doing their homework, then go to school at 3pm until 8pm.

The Tortuga Camp then became my focus. No ordinary camp. Many types of animals, plants and projects going on.

Stay tuned for my video.








No comments: